30 Aug 2022

Go Back

Generating Green Energy for Children's Smiles

There is a big problem that human civilization is currently facing, the problem is climate change due to global warming. This problem is so real and visible in front of the eyes, such as the earth's temperature is getting warmer, rising sea levels, and heat waves that could cause forest fires at any time. The main cause of global warming is carbonization in daily activities. Therefore, efforts to reduce carbon emissions must always be fought through the Green Strategy so that future generations can have a cleaner and healthier future.


One of the pioneers in implementing a green strategy in the field of energy production is PT. Bumiyasa Indonesia Energi (BIE). Established since 2010, PT. Bumiyasa continues to be committed to not only paying attention to the commercial aspects of its economic activities, but also to preserving nature including the balance between the environment and humans, as well as other living ecosystems. Commitment of PT. This Bumiyasa can be seen from the green energy they produce from eleven micro hydro power plant sites throughout Indonesia, both those that are already operating, under construction, development, or those that are still in the acquisition process, with a total production of 279 MW.


PT. Bumiyasa is in line with President Joko Widodo's vision of a strategy to realize a green economy, namely low-carbon development. PT. Bumiyasa also shares the commitment of PT. PLN (Persero) in the Business Plan for the Provision of Electricity from 2021 to 2030 that there is the construction of a power plant of 40,575 MW, of which 51.6 percent or equivalent to 20,923 MW is sourced from new and renewable energy. While the rest, which is 19,652 MW or equivalent to 48.4 percent comes from fossil energy. This means that with the trend of innovation and increasingly advanced technology, the new renewable energy economy will be more competitive and able to compete with fossil-based energy. This shift, in our opinion, is not primarily caused by international agreements. This is because the trend in the future, environmentally friendly renewable energy will not only become intermittent in producing electricity, but will become the main raw material whose production can be relied on 24 hours to illuminate the archipelago from Aceh to Merauke.


Seriousness of PT. Bumiyasa as a pioneer in its struggle to support a green economy strategy is able to attract the attention of many investors, both domestic and foreign, one of which is Mitr Phol Group from Thailand. As one of the green energy companies in Thailand, Mitr Phol emphasizes development in the social and environmental fields, not just the development side of its business. From sugar cane—which is processed into sugar—as the backbone of the company, Mitr Phol is able to produce ethanol which is the main ingredient in making high-quality gasohol which is very environmentally friendly. In addition, the bagasse is also used as the main material in producing biomass. In 2017, Mitr Phol was able to produce 537 MW of electricity from nine bio-power plants across Thailand. The shared vision of the two companies to maintain a green environment and energy sovereignty was proven by Mitr Phol's visit in early August at Site Logawa, Banyumas, Central Java as an investment and cooperation exploration.